As if Bechet and Ellington’d ever get into a ninja fight!
As if this is the final list of Ellington orsm!
8 of my favourite songs from Ellington’s (small and large) 1930s bands.
1. Jungle Nights In Harlem Duke Ellington and his Orchestra 1930
2. Shout ‘Em Aunt Tillie Duke Ellington and his Orchestra 1930
3. Rockin’ In Rhythm The Harlem Footwarmers with Duke Ellington 1930
4. It Don’t Mean A Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing) Duke Ellington and his Orchestra with Ivie Anderson 1932
5. Stompy Jones Duke Ellington and his Orchestra 1934
6. Digga Digga Do (M 187-2) Cootie Williams and his Rug Cutters 1937
7. The Back Room Romp Rex Stewart and his 52nd Street Stompers 1937
8. Top And Bottom Cootie Williams and his Rug Cutters 1939